- Reviews (0)
This four hour course helps trains all individuals in safe flagging techniques specific to New York regulations . There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. 100% attendance for this course is required to obtain a certificate.
Anyone who is working on a NYSDOT projects needs to be trained as a flagger before starting work.
- Thorough understanding of flagging procedures
- Proper flagging signals and procedures
- Fire suppression systems
- Review of flagger practices for different situations
- review of flagging skills from hands-on training and classroom activities
- Concentration on recognition and prevent of hazardous conditions
- Coordinate traffic movement through the work zone
- Pedestrians, and Angry Motorists
- Buffer Space and Escape Routes
- Night Flagging
Once you’ve passed the course you will receive your flagger card the day of the course, from the course instructor
Upon completion of this cours
e, the student will be able to:
From MUTCD Section 6E.01 Qualifications for Flaggers
Flaggers should be able to satisfactorily demonstrate the following abilities:
- Ability to receive and communicate specific instructions clearly, firmly, and courteously;
- Ability to move and maneuver quickly in order to avoid danger from errant vehicles;
- Ability to control signaling devices (such as paddles and flags) in order to provide clear and positive guidance to drivers approaching a TTC zone in frequently changing situations;
- Ability to understand and apply safe traffic control practices, sometimes in stressful or emergency situations; and
- Ability to recognize dangerous traffic situations and warn workers in sufficient time to avoid injury.